Terms & Conditions for Sambrook Manor Holiday Cottages
The contract for a short-term holiday rental will be between Sambrook Manor holiday cottages (referred to as “us” or “we”) and the person making the booking and all members of the holiday party (referred to as “you” or “your”)
The contract of hire will become effective when the deposit has been processed and UK law will govern the contract, The contract will be subject to these booking conditions and must be complied with. The party leader must be 18 years of age at the time of the booking and is responsible for ensuring that all members of the party adhere to these conditions.
A 50% deposit is required to confirm the booking with the remainder of the balance payable 4 weeks (28days) before the start of the let. For bookings made less than 4 weeks (28 days) before the commencement of the rental the total fee is payable. We only accept payment in GB pounds sterling.
Bookings placed before the 10th February 2021 are covered under a different set of terms and conditions and are available by emailing email@example.com
For bookings placed from 10th February 2021 these new terms and conditions apply to cancellations.
1) If your booking has to be cancelled because Sambrook Manor holiday cottages is put under government restrictions and has to close and the period of closure covers your booking, you will be refunded in full.
2) In the event your given address is put into local/regional lockdown, rendering you unable to travel and the period of restriction covers your booking you will be refunded in full.
3) We do not expect to have to make any cancellation or changes to your booking, however in exceptional circumstances we have the right to do so. If your booking has to be cancelled because Sambrook Manor holiday cottages has to close through Force Majeure, meaning any of the following circumstances which may hinder or prevent the performance by us of the Contract, including but not limited to: (a) acts of God, flood, drought, earthquake or other natural disaster; (b) epidemic or pandemic; (c) terrorist attack, civil war, civil commotion or riots, war, threat of or preparation for war, armed conflict, imposition of sanctions, embargo, or breaking off of diplomatic relations; (d) nuclear, chemical or biological contamination (e) any law or any action taken by a government or public authority, including without limitation imposing a restriction, prohibition, or failing to grant a necessary licence or consent; (f) collapse of buildings, fire, explosion or accident; (g) non-performance by our suppliers or contractors; and the period of closure covers Your booking, you will be refunded in full. In this case We will contact you as soon as is reasonably practical, we will explain what has happened and let you know about the cancellation or change. Should the property, subsequent to booking, become unavailable through any cause, you must accept that the owner’s liability is restricted to repayment of the deposit/balance received, and we will not be liable for providing you with alternative accommodation.
4) Customer inability (or the inability of any, some or all of Your intended party) or disinclination to travel to and stay at Sambrook Manor cottagges for any reason.
This includes – but is not limited to – illness (including Covid), a requirement or recommendation to self-isolate or quarantine, shielding, a call to jury duty, military service, incarceration, change in personal or work circumstances, family emergencies, travel delays, vehicle breakdown, and delays with public transport. These remain at Your risk and do not give rise to a right to cancel or to receive a refund unless We re-let the property, You are strongly recommended to take out UK travel insurance to cover these eventualities. If you choose not to take out UK travel insurance, then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation. If you have to or want to cancel your booking you must phone us on 01952 551252 as soon as possible and then confirm in writing.
If a notice of cancellation is received more than 60 days before the holiday start date all monies paid less and administrative charge of £40 will be repaid.
Bookings between 59 days and the holiday start date a refund will be given if the property can be re-let, we will do our best to re-let the property for you. If Sambrook Manor holiday cottages succeeded in re-letting the property for part of the period booked we will refund an amount equal to the money paid, less the rental for the period which is not re-let plus an administrative charge of £40. If the property cannot be re-let then no refund will be given. If the property has to be re-let at a reduced rate then only the reduced amount will be refunded.
For example: A £500 booking, fully paid, cancelled and re-let for £400, means that the original Customer will be refunded as follows, £500 minus £40 booking fee equals £460, minus £100 rebooking shortfall, = Refund of £360.
For this reason we strongly recommend you take out your own travel insurance for UK holidays which covers booking cancellations and will give you the peace of mind that you will get your money back if you need to cancel your holiday, if you choose not to then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation.
Period of hire
Unless otherwise agreed your cottage will be ready from 4pm onwards and departure by 9.30am, so we can prepare for our next guests. You may leave your vehicle if you wish to arrive/depart earlier/later.
Conditions of use of the property
1- The number of persons occupying a property must not exceed the maximum number stated in our information, we reserve the right to refuse admittance if this condition is not observed.
2- You agree to use the property solely for its intended purpose as a self catering accommodation short term let, and not any other purpose or longer period and, to accept the owners right to refuse to hand over the property to any person deemed unsuitable to take charge.
3- Persons causing a nuisance or disturbance to neighbours or other guests, and unreasonable behaviour may result in the owner requesting you to leave.
4- You and all members of your party agree to keep the property, its contents and outdoor area’s clean & tidy, to leave the property in a similar condition as you found it when you arrived, and to behave in a way at all times at the property which does not break the law.
5- You are responsible for the actual cost of any breakage or damage in or to the property, along with any extra costs that may result – which are caused by you or any members of your party. We can ask for an extra payment from you to cover any related costs including extra cleaning costs.
6- You agree to allow the owners access to the property at all reasonable times, we will only ever request access to your property in case of emergency eg- a water leak, where possible we would advise you in advance if access were required.
No pets are allowed except for guide dogs.
Smoking/Vaping & Fire regulations
- All our cottages are non smoking/vaping and under no circumstances must smoking/vaping occur inside the property. When smoking outside please dispose of cigarette “ends” in the ash buckets provided and do not put “ends” in the inside bin.
- All guests should familiarise themselves with the property exit routes on arrival. In the event of a fire please exit the cottage as quickly as possible and do not attempt to extinguish the fire.
- Do not interfere with fire alarms or other fire safety equipment provided.
- to help to prevent fire do not use candles, tea lights or anything similar, leave any personal equipment charging overnight or when you are not in the cottage.
- Do not charge or store electric bikes in your accommodation or charge EV cars via windows, EV charging is available at Sambrook village Hall which is 0.2miles from the cottages.
- Hairdryers, straighteners and other related product should not be left on and when in use placed on the glass cupboard tops and not on the carpets, beds and other soft furnishings.
- The cooker hob is to be switched off when not in use and no items are to be left on top of the hob.
- The route from the bedroom/s to the door is not to be obstructed with any items that may impede exit in event of a fire, Buggies/bikes/scooters/roof boxes/bike racks must not be stored in the cottage.
Drones & Fireworks
The use of Drones and fireworks are not allowed without our permission.
Night sky lanterns
Night and sky lanterns are not allowed under any circumstances.
WiFi is provided for the guest’s reasonable use, The guest agrees to reasonable and lawful usage of this service.
We do not accept any liability for any damage, loss, or injury to any member of your party or any vehicle or possessions in or around Sambrook Manor cottages during your stay.
The responsibility for personal property of guest occupying the accommodation is solely theirs.
Guests agree to absolve the owner of any responsibility for any accident or mishap to persons or property whilst on the premises or whilst engaged in any activity therein, or from any illness or injury from any cause whatsoever.
All vehicles are also left at the guest’s risk.
Guests are asked to take care at all times whilst on our property. Parents in particular are asked to ensure that children are safe, accompanied by a reasonable adult and not left unattended.
Guests must respect & look after the accommodation during your stay and you must leave the property clean & tidy. Please let us know of any damage or breakages so we can repair or replace them for the next guests. We reserve the right to charge replacement value for any damage or breakages.
Every effort has been made to ensure that you have an enjoyable stay, however if you have a problem or cause for complaint, it is essential that you contact us immediately to give us chance to resolve it, we value your custom and want you to return.